Greek Lemon Rice Soup/avgolemono using a traditional Thanksgiving ingredient leftover: (turkey).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups turkey broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup rice
- 3 eggs
- 3 lemons
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup diced turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (thyme, dill, oregano or parsley) or 1 tablespoon fresh herb, plus additional for garnish (I used this Greek Seasoning Blend)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Italian parsley, for garnish
- 1Heat broth and rice to a boil. Add dried herbs.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3Whisk eggs with the juice of two lemons. *Slowly* whisk about 1 1/2 cups of the hot broth into the eggs.
- 4Whisk the eggs, lemon and broth mixture into the broth and heat gently.
- 5Check for seasonings. Add more lemon juice, if needed, for a good tang.
- 6Add the turkey and fresh herbs if you haven’t used dry. Serve garnished with crumbled feta and sprinkled herbs.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rice Soup W/Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 193.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: