Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
easy to make
- 1 medium onions or 4 scallions
- 3 cups kale, shredded (or 1/2 small cabbage)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups precooked rice
- 8 cups vegetable broth or 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Saute onion or scallions, kale or cabbage, garlic, oil, pepper, tumeric, for about 7 minutes, then, add rice, broth or stock, lemon, soy sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- (give a stir from time to time).
- Add salt if required.
I love the lemon flavour of this. I found there was too much rice though. I made it early in the day and I guess the rice swelled more as it sat. Next time I'll either make it later or not add as much rice. Good recipe.
Very nice,ideal as part of an asian style meal
Wonderful and easy soup! I cooked the rice separately, put a scoop of rice in each serving bowl, and served the soup over it. The rice doesn't swell that way. Definitely will make this again.