1 hr 5 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine, February/March 2006. This was one of the runner-up recipe winners in this issue, contributed by Margery Richmond of Alberta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced seeded cucumbers
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well.
- 2In a lare bowl, combine long grain and wild rice; add dressing and toss.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Add the cucumbers, green onions, parsley, basil and pepper; mix well.
- 5Chill for 2 hours.
- 6Fold in toasted pecans just before serving.
- 7**Cook time does not include overnight refrigeration or 2 hours chill time before serving.
- 8***For cook time I am estimating the rice cooking time of approximately 30 minutes. Depending on how you cook your rice whether steaming it or cooking it on the stove-top--adjust cooking time accordingly. I am also estimating toasting the pecans in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes on a lightly greased cooking sheet. Watch them as they can easily burn!
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar