Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. I recently tried this recipe with a Crockpot Chicken and it was wonderful. I hope you will love it too!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- Place rinsed rice in the rice cooker bowl of your rice cooker.
- Add the chicken stock and salt; stir to combine, then place the garlic in the center on top of the rice.
- Close the cover and set for the regular cycle.
- When the machine switches to the Keep Warm cycle, add the lemon zest, butter, and parsley; stir to combine.
- Close the cover and let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a wooden or plastic rice paddle or wooden spoon.
- This rice will hold on Keep Warm for 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, remove garlic and discard.
- Serve hot.
used lime zest and cilantro instead of lemon zest and parsley and it came out very good! used it on tacos with crock pot "roasted" chicken, salsa, and avocado....repeat recipe!
This was great! Used olive oil in place of butter...still great!!! Great accompaniment to my grilled chicken which uses the juice of the lemon!
My family LOVES this . . has become our favorite rice dish, very fresh and light. Can see we will be eating this quite often this summer!!!! Yum!!!