Recipe by Bev I Am
We love this recipe as a side to most any meal. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. From Cuisine Magazine.
Top Review by Whisper
This was delicious! The lemon is subtle but gives the rice a lovely taste. It's also easy and quick to make after working all day. This one is sure to be made time and again. Thanks for a great recipe, Bev!
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lemon, zest of, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan just until softened.
- Add rice and continue sauteing until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in water, butter, salt, bay leaf, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Allow rice to steep a few minutes before serving.