Prep 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
The lemon flavor is quite pronounced, we like it as it is, but if you are uncertain use less than what is written. 2 Tbsp. lemon rind equals around 2 lemons-depending on the size of your lemon.
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- 29.58 ml lemon rind (zest)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- additional green onion, chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add celery and the green onions, saute until the celery is tender. Stir in the cooked rice, lemon rind, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat, about 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with optional additional green onions.
Easy to make and get to the table. I used regular onion instead of the green and used Jasmine rice. I used 1 T. of lemon zest and squirted lemon into the rice water, then tasted the rice when it was almost done and added a little more to my taste. Very tasty dish that we enjoyed along with swordfish and coleslaw!
This was nice and simple. It went together in no time because I used a white and wild rice blend I had cooked and stored in the freezer. The wild rice added a little needed color to the dish. Very tasty! I served this with beef satay. Thanks for sharing! :)