Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This zesty lemon rice is the perfect side dish for your favorite fish dinner.
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml uncooked rice, long grain
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 0.59-1.23 ml grated lemon, zest of
- 6.16 ml lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT lemonpepper in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover pot and allow to simmer slowly for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with lemonpepper before serving.
For those of you who cook for one, this recipe reduces easily and nicely to serve just one. Rather than opening a new container of broth, I used water and part of a bouillon cube. And I did add some chopped fresh parsley which I thought made it look more appealing. This rice went beautifully with my favorite salmon, Baked Salmon. Thank you!
Great rice dish i added some garlic to the recipe and turned out well! TY TGirl
Absolutely wonderful. I made this to go along with Roasted Halibut with Tomato Cream Sauce (Roasted Halibut With Tomato Cream Sauce) at the suggestion of several of the reviewers of that dish. It complimented the halibut very well and received rave reviews. I'll be making this again! Thanks!