Recipe by TGirl,RN
This zesty lemon rice is the perfect side dish for your favorite fish dinner.
Top Review by Okra
For those of you who cook for one, this recipe reduces easily and nicely to serve just one. Rather than opening a new container of broth, I used water and part of a bouillon cube. And I did add some chopped fresh parsley which I thought made it look more appealing. This rice went beautifully with my favorite salmon, recipe #28199. Thank you!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice, long grain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning