Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This zesty lemon rice is the perfect side dish for your favorite fish dinner.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice, long grain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT lemonpepper in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover pot and allow to simmer slowly for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with lemonpepper before serving.
For those of you who cook for one, this recipe reduces easily and nicely to serve just one. Rather than opening a new container of broth, I used water and part of a bouillon cube. And I did add some chopped fresh parsley which I thought made it look more appealing. This rice went beautifully with my favorite salmon, Baked Salmon. Thank you!
Great rice dish i added some garlic to the recipe and turned out well! TY TGirl
I literally just joined this website to be able to share a review. I can't say enough about this rice. It is simple, healthy, and it taste AMAZING! It's so fresh and not overdone. I absolutely love this rice. We eat it frequently in our home. I follow the exact recipe listed and it turns out great everyone!