Recipe by English_Rose
Fragrant rice dish to be served with a good curry!
Top Review by Maito
Sounded great, but ended up being a little bitter - not sure if it was the zest or too much mustard seed. Love all the ingredients in it (especially the curry leaves), and liked the end product, just didn't "love it".
- 455 g basmati rice
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When seeds being to pop add curry leaves and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained rice, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve piping hot with curry.