Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fragrant rice dish to be served with a good curry!
Make and share this Lemon Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When seeds being to pop add curry leaves and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained rice, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve piping hot with curry.
Sounded great, but ended up being a little bitter - not sure if it was the zest or too much mustard seed. Love all the ingredients in it (especially the curry leaves), and liked the end product, just didn't "love it".
This recipe is just what I was looking for. My son loves this recipe paired with Ginger Scallion fish. I cut back on the cilantro and add a handful of roasted peanuts, but those are just my preferences. 455 grams is about 3 cups of uncooked rice, which is quite a large amount, so be ready to eat!
AMAZing! and utterly delicious.