Recipe by Theresa P
This looks really good! I have not tried it yet but plan to give it a go soon. Sounds YUMMY! I think a lemon glaze of powdered sugar and a little lemon juice would be a nice addition. What do you think?
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Bread: Cream butter; add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add egg and lemon rind,beating until blended.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix until blended.
- Stir in nuts and set aside.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth;gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar,beating well.
- Add egg,1 Tbs flour and vanilla; beat well.
- Pour half of bread batter into a 9x5-inch greased loaf pan.
- Gently spread the cream cheese filling over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining half of batter over the cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 350°F for about an hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes;remove from pan and place on rack to cool completely.