Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a summer delight! I found this several years ago in a magazine. It's addictive, and it's a breeze to mix up. Go ahead! Pour yourself a glass of summer!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, well-chilled (7-up)
- Beat sugar and lemon juice on high speed for 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved.
- Gradually add milk, beating constantly on high.
- Stir in lemon extract and lemon peel.
- Transfer this lemon/sugar mixture to serving pitcher.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, gently stir in soda.
- Best served over ice.
- This could possibly be made with Splenda, and also might be tasty with orange juice/extract instead of lemon.
- Let me know you're thoughts!
this recipe was used for several years at wedding at the Williston Wesleyan church in ND. It was a favorite then. Since it has been so long since I made it, does anyone have any hints to make sure it is successful. It seems too sweet but I doubt adding less sugar would be an issue. Any thoughts out there....Della