Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
a great side dish for any meal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cut a strip of peel from the middle of each potato.
- Place potatoes and water in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Combine butter lemon juice, chives, and parsley, and pour over potatoes.
- Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
I made these in the crock pot as posted, and loved the way they held together cooked that way. The presentation is beautiful. But the flavors didn't really get into the potato because of the skin, and I think it might enhance the taste of the potatoes to dice them up before pouring the butter on them. Next time I'll try that. Served these with fish and they were thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!
I didn't know what it meant to cut a strip of peel from the middle, now looking at the other photos I know. I just cut through the middle of the potato for the knife to appear at the other end. I thought this will allow the dressing to soak through, didn't really matter as it tasted wonderful. We all really enjoyed this recipe and will be making it again. Thank you weekend cooker.
These were really creamy and cooked well, I didn't know potatoes would turn out so well in a crockpot!! I used dried chives and parsley and added salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The lemon is a nice addition that does not overpower the potatoes. Made for Everyday Holiday.