1 hr 35 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This tart combines the tangy lushness of a lemon filling topped with fresh red raspberries, perfect for a summery dessert. Originally from an August 1983 issue of Bon Apetit featuring Beautiful Berry Desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons chilled vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 -4 tablespoons ice water
- 1Combine flour, sugar,peel and salt in large bowl.
- 2Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add cognac, then gradually blend in water until mixture can be gathered into a ball.
- 4Flatten dough into a disc.
- 5Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3 days).
- 6Butter 10 to 11 inch quiche pan.
- 7Roll dough out on floured surface into 12 or 13 inch circle 1/8 inch thick.
- 8Fit into pan;form edges.
- 9Freeze until firm (or up to 1 month).
- 10Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 11Prick pastry shell with fork.
- 12Line with buttered parchment paper, then fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- 13Bake 5 minutes;reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 10 minutes.
- 14Remove paper and weights.
- 15Continue baking until well browned, about 20 minutes.
- 16For filling:.
- 17Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan and stir constantly over low heat until thick, 15 to 20 minutes; do not boil.
- 18Let cool.
- 19(Can be prepared 2 days ahead.Place plastic wrap directly on surface of filling after cooling. Refrigerate until ready to use.).
- 20Spoon filling into crust and arrange raspberries decoratively over top.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Raspberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 200.2 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g