Recipe by gailanng
From Strawberry Creek Inn.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Gail, gail, gail, this decadent treat is amazing....my granddaughter and I loved them, especially since she helped nana make them. Wow, what an awesome recipe, quick and easy to make. This recipe produces big, thick, light and fluffy, full of flavor pancakes, the lemon and raspberries really shine. To make this treat extra decadent I put lemon curd on top of each pancake, layered the pancakes and drizzled maple syrup over the top and added a few raspberries, for the best breakfast ever. Thank you for sharing this recipe that has gone into my Best of 2012 Cookbook.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 473.18 ml buttermilk (brought to room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (brought to room temperature)
- 1.23 ml pure vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml fresh raspberries or 354.88 ml frozen raspberries
- toasted slivered almonds (to garnish)
- unsalted butter, for griddle
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees (or a skillet over medium heat). Sift dry ingredients (except lemon zest) into a bowl; add zest. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. Gently fold in raspberries. Let batter rest for up to 30 minutes.
- Pour a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) of unsalted butter onto hot griddle or skillet and immediately wipe with a paper towel to distribute evenly over the surface and remove most of the butter. Use a 2 ounce (about 1/4 cup) ladle, ice-cream scoop, or measuring cup to pour the batter for each pancake onto the griddle/skillet surface. Use a spatula to turn pancakes once bubbles start to form all over the pancakes and the edges begin to set. Cook on the opposite side for another minute or so, just until set and slightly browned.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and/or fresh lemon curd, and garnish with fresh berries, a lemon slice and/or toasted almonds.