Prep 15 mins
Cook -5 min
This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005. These are absolutely delicious!!!!I changed the recipe a bit, I used 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract as suggested. I used 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup skim milk instead of the half and half. I used 2 cups raspberries and decreased the sugar to 3/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine half-and-half or sour cream and skim milk, oil, Lemon extract and eggs; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until ingredients are just moistened.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4ths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans.
- HIGH ALTITUDE:
- Above 3500 feet, decrease baking powder to 2 teaspoonful.
These are wonderful! I have been making this same exact recipe for years and it is a family favorite. I have successfully substituted yogurt, buttermilk or milk for the half-n-half in this, depending upon what I had on hand at the time. I always keep a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer specifically to make these muffins.
These were so easy to put together and lovely to eat. I used the sour cream/milk combo and subbed lemon essance for lemon use. Also added a dash of vanilla essence and some chia seeds to use them up.
Delicious! Love lemon and raspberry. Made these for the freezer to pull out for quick breakfast or snack for my toddler. He likes them! I used his whole milk in place of half and half, but otherwise made as is using fresh raspberries. Thanks for posting!