Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon juice and zest.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- For Glaze:: Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add milk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on top of slightly cooled muffins.
Just as delicious and fresh tasting as they look! Makes 12 muffins.
These were wonderful. I used fresh picked raspberries that were very sweet so I also threw in a couple handfuls of blueberries for contrast. My son ate one before I could glaze them and liked it. Then after glazing, he LOVED it! Will make again and again.
This is an easy recipe and the muffins are delicious. I too used only a half recipe for the glaze and that was enough. Thx for sharing Jess!