Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make-ahead brunch dish from Diabetic Cooking magazine. Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight.
- 16 ounces French bread, loaf sliced 1 in thick
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 lemons, only the juice and grated peel
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- Spray 13 x 9 in pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread in single layer.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, lemon peel and lemon juice. Whisk in milk, brown sugar and nutmeg. Pour over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, let dish stand at room temperature. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top begins to brown. Sprinkle raspberries on top and bake 10 to 12 minutes more, until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minute.