Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from the Betty Crocker website, these are fabulous! Make sure to use full fat cream cheese or the filling won't firm up
- 517.37 g box lemon cake mix
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml raspberry preserves
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml milk
- 340.19 g white chocolate, baking bars chopped
- 9.85-14.78 ml powdered sugar
- 1. Heat oven 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening.
- 2. In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter and eggs with spoon until well blended. With greased or floured fingers, press evenly in pan.
- 3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crust begins to pull away from sides of pan or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Spread evenly with preserves. Cool 30 minutes.
- 4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
- 5. In 1-quart saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Add warm melted white chocolate to cream cheese mixture; beat on medium speed until creamy (mixture may look slightly curdled). Carefully spread over preserves. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- 6. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Very lemony-flavored and rich. These can be cut in very small pieces and still be very satisfying. I only gave it 3 stars because they are very messy to eat because the topping didn't set up. Right out of the refrigerator they are easy to pick up and eat. But if you let them sit out for even 10 minutes they're too sticky to eat like a cookie but the pieces are too small to eat with a fork. I used a 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips that I melted in a double boiler over simmering water. I took it off the heat when almost fully melted and then stirred to smooth out the chocolate completely.
Amazingly delicious! Everyone raves about them & I too can't stay away. Thx for sharing! Being a health 'foodie' - I used reduced fat milk & cream cheese - it was still yum!