Recipe by Megohm
A very easy and delicious dessert or snack-cake (breakfast?) to throw together in a snap. Full of flavor and chock-full of comfort!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 or 9" skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, as well as lemon zest and raspberries.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly, add buttermilk and melted butter, and mix well.
- Pour wet mixture into dry, and stir just until moistened.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then pour into skillet.
- Pour 1 Tbsp cream (any kind) over top, and place in oven.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top is crackly, golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Great served with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.