Prep 35 mins
Cook 53 mins
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (I use fresh squeezed)
- 4 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, oats, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Press dough into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread with jam.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice and peel just until blended.
- Carefully spoon over jam.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
This was really easy to make and a big hit at our dinner party. Will make again!