- 1 package betty crocker supermoist lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease (or slightly spray with cooking spray) bottoms only of three 9-inch round pans.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 2 minutes (do not overbeat); or stir 3 minutes by hand.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Fill layers with raspberry preserves.
- Frost side and top of cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Lemon Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter, lemon peel and lemon juice in medium bowl on medium speed 30 seconds.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat 2 to 3 minutes longer or until light and fluffy.