Recipe by Courtly
Bars topped with fresh raspberries should be eaten within one day because the delicate berries do not keep longer. YUMMY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jelly, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- 30 fresh raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour and remaining crust ingredients; with pastry blender or fork, mix until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of sprayed pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Drizzle melted jelly over partially baked crust; carefully spread evenly. In large bowl, beat eggs. Add all remaining filling ingredients; mix well. Pour over warm crust.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 20 to 28 minutes or until top is light golden brown and center is set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Cut into 30 squares. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired consistency. Spoon about 1/4 t. topping mixture in center of each bar. Top each with raspberry. Refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.