Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A lemon-lovers delight! This is a wonderful sweet and tart pie, and is much richer than it appears, so cut into small size wedges. Prep time does not include preparing and semi-baking the pie crust. You will love this pie!
- 1 single baked pie crust (lightly baked)
- 1 1⁄4 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- Prepare and LIGHTLY bake a pie shell; cool.
- In a small bowl soak raisins and lemon zest in the lemon juice for about 10 minutes; add in the nuts.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, both sugars, cinnamon and salt until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, and beat for about 30 seconds (the mixture will look curdled until it heats up in the oven).
- Stir in the raisin mixture, and mix with a wooden spoon until combine.
- Pour the filling into the semi-baked pie shell.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to center position, and bake pie for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is set and light golden and darker golden around the edges (it will feel somewhat spongy to the touch).
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.