Recipe by crazycookinmama
I came up with a tart recipe, and thought it would be nice to have them as individual sized. My first time ever coming up with my own individual recipe...so I'm hoping you all like it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk (1/3 cup powder to 1 cup water, mix)
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Mix up powdered milk (1 1/2 cups) stir into sugar mixture, add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture, transfer to pan.
- Bring to a boil; continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat, add raisins; stir until mixed well.
- Line each cup of a large muffin pan with 3 sheets each of the phyllo dough, brushing with melted butter after each addition.
- Fill with 1/3 cup of lemon mixture into each cup.
- Cover mixture with ends of phyllo dough.
- Repeat until all phyllo dough is folded over.
- Flatten dough and brush with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile take the egg whites and beat them until firm.
- Gradually add 6 tablespoons of sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon meringue onto each tart and put back into oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.