Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Buttery and very delicious.This recipe is in Betty Crocker's cookie book.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Blend in egg and lemon extract.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add, mixing until a compact dough is formed.
- Stir in raisins.
- Roll in 1 inch balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork dipped in flour, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
When I first saw this recipe, I thought it had two things that should never be together, lemons and raisins. But I was wrong, these cookies turned out great!
Loved them. If anything I would add a little more lemon extract next time.
I made these for my cookie party and they were one of the favorites. Every tasty and a keeper. Thanks LizCl Bullwinkle