Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although I've tweaked the recipe a little, the original was found in the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home's Best Holiday Recipes!
Top Review by weekend cooker
This was so easy to throw together, and the results were even better. Mine was done in 25 minutes, and the flavor was absolutely fantastic. Will keep this one. Made for PRMR tag.
FOR THE COFFEE CAKE
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE COFFEE CAKE: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, walnuts, raisins, butter & lemon zest.
- Separate biscuits & cut each into quarters, then toss the quartered biscuits with the sugar mixture, coating them thoroughly, before putting them in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, then remove from the oven & immediately invert the coffee cake onto a wire rack.
- FOR THE GLAZE: In a small bowl, stir together the 2 glaze ingredients until smooth, then drizzle the glaze over the warm coffee cake.