Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in Taste of Home Magazine and it sounds wonderful. Tangy lemon flavor with creamy souffles, recommends dressing up each serving with lemon peel or other garnish. What a wonderful taste of lemon (I put in a little extra as I like it tart) and the cake soufle mixed with the lemony pudding. YUM!
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolk until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat in the milk, butter, flour and salt.
- Ltir in lemon juice and peel.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg white into lemon mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg white until combined.
- Divide between two ungreased 6 ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Place in an 8 inch square baking dish; add i inch of hot water to dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar, and garnish with pansies and mint. Serve immediately.
I doubled the recipe and it was so easy to bring together, the only complaint I had was from the DH - he would have liked a bigger serve. It had good lemon flavour but still quite sweet (so would look at lowering the amount of sugar but I was the only one that thought so. Thank you Bonnie G #2, made for Rookies tag game.