Recipe by Golden Sunflower
I found this among my old recipes. This was a favorite of mine and I am glad to share it - a real crowd pleaser.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Did make a couple of changes with this recipe, but nothing extraordinary ~ pistachios for the walnuts, AND the addition of a teaspoon of finely minced lemon zest Ended up with a very tasty pudding! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine margarine, 1 cup chopped walnuts and 1 cup flour. Place on bottom of a 13x9 pyrex dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Whip cream cheese and confectioner's sugar - fold in 1 cup cool whip. Spread over cooled nut mixture.
- Mix instant pudding according to directions. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Let set in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.
- Cover with container of cool whip and top with 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Refrigerate again and serve chilled.