Recipe by Olha
Most recipes serve four or more, which means leftovers. Here is a pudding cake for two. Light cake with pudding sauce in the bottom.
Top Review by Diana #2
The serving sizes were perfect for two. The cake part was more like a meringue, and just as sweet. The sauce was wonderful. It baked up nicely, but unfortunately it's just a bit sweet for us.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg yolk; add milk, lemon rind, and juice. Add to dry ingredients, and mix well. Beat egg white (at room temperature) until soft peaks form; fold into milk mixture.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 10-ounce custard cups; place in a pan of warm water. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm; top with whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
- Southern Living.