1/4 Photos of Lemon Pudding Cake
1 hr 5 mins
A light dessert that is transformed in the oven, creating a creamy lemon pudding covered with a light sponge cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter 8" square pan or baking dish.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine 3/4 c of the sugar, salt and flour and stir them together.
- 4Add melted butter, lemon juice and zest and egg yolks.
- 5Stir until thoroughly blended.
- 6Stir in milk.
- 7In separate bowl, beat the egg whites with remaining 1/4 c sugar until stiff, but moist.
- 8Fold beaten whites into lemon mixture, then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 9Set the cake pan into a larger pan and pour hot water into larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- 11Serve warm or chilled, with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 168.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of