1/2 Photos of Lemon Pudding Cake
Bay Laurel's Note:
This recipe came from Good Housekeeping October 2004.Very fresh and light. Perfect for a Spring day and almost guilt free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- 3From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice.
- 4In large bowl, combine sugar and flour. With wire wisk, beat in milk, egg yolks,melted butter, and lemon peel peel and juice.
- 5In small bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. With rubber spatula, fold one fourth of the egg whites into lemon mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites just until blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 6Place baking dish in a small roasting pan; place on rack in oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake until top is golden and set, about 40 minutes (batter will separate into cake and pudding layers). Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g