1/1 Photo of Lemon Pudding Cake
This very light dessert has a pleasant, citrus-y tang and, with only 2/3 cup of sugar, isn't too sweet. (1/64 tsp = pinch)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter with all but 2 tbsp sugar.
- 2Beat in egg yolks and lemon peel.
- 3Stir in flour, just until mixed.
- 4Add milk and lemon juice.
- 5Stir well.
- 6In another bowl, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually beat in remaining 2 tbsp sugar.
- 8Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 9Fold egg whites gently into lemon mixture.
- 10Spoon batter into buttered 8 inch baking dish.
- 11Place baking dish in a larger pan of very hot water (to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish).
- 12Bake in preheated 350F (180C) degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and browned on top.
- 13Cover with aluminum foil half way through baking time if cake is browning too quickly.
- 14To serve, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
- 15Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 150.0 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g