Recipe by Babushka
It's a true cake, with a nice lemon flavor and oh so moist! Eat it plain or with a light coating of vanilla icing. Wonderful on a summer day.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hydrogenated shortening
- 1 cup milk (divided)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder,salt, and sugar, until well blended.
- Add 2/3 cups milk and shortening and mix for about 2-3 minutes in electric mixer.
- Add remaining milk, eggs, pudding mix, and lemon extract. Mix well. Be sure to scrape the bowl sides and bottom several times to ensure thorough mixing.
- Pour into WELL GREASED bundt pan and cook for 35-45 minutes. Toothpick inserted one inch from center should come out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- If desired, add icing when completely cooled.