Recipe by bshemyshua
Very light and very good for a late evening snack or afternoon tea.
Top Review by karenandmickeydorman
My mother used to make this recipe, and we all loved it and still do. To make it low carb I use Splenda instead of sugar. It's also great served over vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the memories!!
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 lemon, juice of, about a quarter cup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, salt and butter.
- Stir in flour, then lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Combine milk and egg yolks; add to lemon mixture. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into lightly oil sprayed 8x8 inch baking pan and set pan in another pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes until top is light brown.