Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made to be sugar free and gluten free
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg yolk; add milk, lemon rind, and juice.
- Add to dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) until soft peaks form; fold into milk mixture.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 10-ounce custard cups; place in a pan of warm water.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm; top with whipped cream, if desired.