Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is a yummy looking dessert I am going to try from Sandra Lee today on the Food Network along with her other lemon recipes. My hubby loves Creme Brulee - it's his favorite dessert in fact, and I think I could manage this one for Valentine's Day. ;) I will post a pic if it turns out! It looked scrumptious on tv- lemons and blueberries mmmm...c'mon summer!!
Top Review by KelBel
This was certainly quick and easy but not creme brulee. It was a delicious lemon blueberry pudding with caramelized sugar on top. So, for a quick, delicious and fancy dessert, this fits the bill, but for a creme brulee - not really.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding (recommended Jell-O brand)
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries, fresh (about 6-ounces)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the cold milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes in a medium mixing bowl. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 12 blueberries for garnish.
- Fold remaining berries into the pudding.
- Divide pudding into 4 portions(8-ounce heat-proof ramekins preferred).
- Refrigerate desserts until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle the top of each dessert with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and put under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar has caramelized or use a culinary torch. (Hint: rotate sheet pan under broiler so that sugar caramelizes evenly).
- Garnish each brulee with the remaining blueberries.
- Enjoy! ;).