Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The batter separate to form a light sponge on top of a lovely tangy sauce. Super yummy :P
- 85 g butter, softened
- 4 lemons, juice and zest of
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g plain flour
- 75 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas4. Use 10g of butter to grease a 1 ltr ovenproof dish. Beat the zest, remaining butter and sugar together with a electric whisk until light and creamy. Add the lemon juice and egg yolks a little at a time, beating between each addition. Sieve the baking powder, flour and a pinch of salt over and fold together. Stir in the milk.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into the other ingredients carefully. Pour into the prepared dish. Stand dish in a high sided roasting tin and pour boiling water in the tin to come halfway up the side of the dish. Bake for 35 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
- Serve at once with cream or ice cream.
Your recipe is a real keeper, 'cause this lemon pudding is a wonderfully satisfying treat! I do realize that it could easily have served 6, but 3 of us polished this one off in no time! Thanks for a great dessert! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans during thie Fall's Pick-A-Chef]