Recipe by Tomboy
This is a yummy winter dessert. My all time favourite. The mix magically seperates during cooking, leaving a light fluffy pudding with sweet tangy sauce! I guarantee you'll make it again and again. All measurements are in metric.
Top Review by dale!
This was so delicious and lemony. It says 4 servings but we pigged out and finished it between the two of us! The only thing was it didn't really have a separate sauce the way I thought it would. It was more just really soft and only slightly runny at the bottom. The flavour of this is so divine though that it deserves 5 stars. It tastes a bit like lemon meringue pie. I'll be making this often.
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 30 g butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and stir till smooth.
- Add melted butter, flour and lemon rind, then stir in juice and milk.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Gently fold into yolk mix.
- Pour mixture into a well greased, deep oven proof dish.
- (I use a souffle dish!) Bake 170 degrees celcius for 40-50 minutes.