Recipe by Jane Gib
This sauce can be used for your main course accompanied by rice, pasta or potato or used as a filling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 50 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 140 ml fish stock
- 420 ml milk
- 350 g prawns, peeled and cooked
- salt and pepper
- 225 g button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In the butter, fry the onion, bay leaf and lemon rind for about 10 minute.
- stir in the flour, then pour in the stock and milk.
- boil, stirring, and cook for 3 minute.
- take off the heat and season to taste.
- stir in prawns.
- TO SERVE.
- gently cook the mushrooms, add herbs and add to the prawn sauce.