Recipe by DailyInspiration
Pound cake is so under-utilized in my humble opinion. It is so delicious with fruit toppings and in this case, a dollop of vanilla yogurt. Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine.
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, in syrup (thawed and undrained)
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder; stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add egg whites and egg; beating well after each addition. Beat in rind and extract. Add flour mixture and 1/4 cup yogurt alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix well after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare topping; combine berries, tossing well. Cut cake into 8 slices. Top each cake slice with 1/4 cup berry mixture and 2 tablespoons yogurt.