Recipe by adena mangis
This is a yummy lemon muffin from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Lilysmom
These muffins were very good and "pound cake like". I did not have a lemon or lemon juice so I used some milk and lemon extract to make a glaze. But I actually like the muffins without the glaze. Since I was taking these to work I did not put the glaze on the muffins, took it in a seperate container and that way everyone could do what they wanted. Next time I may add some lemon zest to the muffin batter and sprinkle sugar on top before baking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs and extracts; beat well.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4s full. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and move to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.