Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this pound cake when I was in the mood for strawberry shortcake, but wanted a better tasting cake part. It was so good with fresh strawberries sprinkled with sugar. It is very good alone as well. I found it in my local newspaper many years ago.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and eggs, adding eggs 1 at a time and beating at low speed after each.
- Pour oil in slowly, beating.
- Stir in lemon extract, gelatin mix and water, beating until well blended.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-by-5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.