Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this wonderful fresh springtime recipe from another favorite site, Chowhounds,posted by wyf4lyf. This is just perfect for summer. This is great with a raspberry or strawberry coulis and fresh berries, or vanilla ice cream. Prep time includes letting it soak.
- Butter a 13x9 pan. Cut pound cake into cubes (not bite size -- large pieces like you'd do for bread pudding) and place in buttered pan.
- Squeeze juice from lemons over cake.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in bowl until combined.
- Whisk in milk. (I'll sometimes add some lemon zest to this, too.)
- Pour over pound cake; let soak for an hour.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 45-60 minutes. Sometimes I'll uncover the pan for the last 10 minutes or so to crisp up the top.