Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a pound cake that is requested over and over. It is very moist and the apricot nectar gives it a special flavor, though it still tastes like a lemon pound cake. It isn't too tart.
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash salt (this helps reduce "powdery" taste)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of cake mix and put into greased bundt pan to flour.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and nectar together.
- Add remaining cake mix and beat until combined.
- Bake@ 325° for 1 hour.
- Mix glaze and pour over cake while it is still warm.
- *If preferred you can use vanilla frosting to top.
- Put it in the microwave and warm until pourable, but not liquified.
- Stir and pour over cake after it is cooled.
All I can say is that the entire bundt cake was gone in less than 24 hours. Very good and very easy...I love things that start with a mix! Thanks for the recipe.