Top Review by threeovens
These were very good. Next time I would skip sauteeing the onion, since they were a teensy bit too crisp for my taste, and just toss everything together. I also squeezed a touch of lemon juice over the potatoes after they cooked, yum!
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 3 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
- Saute chopped onion in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add potatoes and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.