Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 3 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
- Saute chopped onion in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add potatoes and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 50 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
These were very good. Next time I would skip sauteeing the onion, since they were a teensy bit too crisp for my taste, and just toss everything together. I also squeezed a touch of lemon juice over the potatoes after they cooked, yum!
Made this for dinner tonight and it was the perfect accompaniment to our baked salmon dish. I believe the brief boiling gives a softer texture to the potatoes after baking them. The lemon gave it a very fresh flavor and I also added some fresh chopped parsley for some added color. Thanks very much for posting.
These are great tasting potatoes and simple to prepare. We loved the flavor that the lemon juice and rind added to this dish. I sprinkled some parsley on top for color. Thank you Chigagopm for sharing another winner.