Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasted potato dish that goes well with all roasted meats--especially chicken and pork. The potatoes don't go very crispy, but remain moist and are lovely and lemony.
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes
- 1 to 2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 20 dashes pepper (grinds)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2-2 pints vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F).
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, and place in a roasting pan so they fit quite snugly.
- Mix remaining ingredients well and pour over the potatoes so that the liquid comes half way up the pan.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Turn the potatoes in the liquid and put the oven up to 180°C (350°F).
- Return to the oven uncovered to allow the liquid to evaporate.
- Cook until golden and liquid is gone; you may have to baste the potatoes a couple of times.
very tasty but i found it to be way too much stock and oil and took way longer to cook then i expected. next time will probably cook at 375f for an hour covered, then 450f for another hour uncovered or reduce stock and oil by 50%, took over four hours to cook! also i think a little less oregano and thought the lemon zest unnecessary, mine were good without