Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The lemon compliments the potato very nicely.
Make and share this Lemon Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 -3 cloves garlic or 2 -3 cloves garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cover bottom (single layer) of 9x13 inch pyrex pan with potato wedges.
- Mix water, oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add garlic cloves or sprinkle with garlic powder.
- If using garlic salt, omit salt.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
- This recipe can be halved, if desired.
Wonderful flavours in this potato dish and a nice change from our usual mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing.
I browsed many lemon potato recipes (on this site and others) and decided to try this one. My daughter was dubious about lemon with potatoes but she absolutely loved them. My boyfriend and I had lemon potatoes at a Greek restaurant in Jasper that were soooooo good. I cooked this recipe for him last night and he said these were even better! The second time I made them, I used Italian seasoning instead of oregano and found the flavour to be better. Did not use salt at all and doubled up on the garlic!
This easy set in oven and almost forget recipe is very similar to one given to me by my daughter's Greek mother in law. I halved the recipe and didn't stir at all and it came out just right. Browned on the tops but soft inside. The lemon taste was not overpowering at all. Went well with our steak & salad meal. Thanks for a real keeper:)