Top Review by Pooh Bear
This recipe was very good, and very good the next day after chilling in the fridge. It shouldn't last past that because of the great flavor and the avocados start to turn a little brown. Very nice alternative salad if you don't want to make one with mayo. Good post thanks!
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 firm ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with salted cold water by 1 inch and simmer, covered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and quarter.
- In a bowl stir together warm potatoes, oil, lemon juice, zest, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pit and peel avocado and cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Add avocado to potato mixture, gently tossing to combine.